What Does CBD Feel Like?
CBD is one of the primary compounds that can be extracted from a cannabis plant. It is known to have various health and beauty-related benefits, and has become widely popular. If you haven't tried CBD yet, it's no surprise that you may be wondering, What does CBD feel like when you take it?
The first thing you should know is CBD doesn’t give the 'high' effect that is generally attached to marijuana containing THC. However, there are many other questions around the feeling from CBD.
- Does it make you weak, or more active?
- Does it immediately treat pain or it takes a while before you start to see results?
- How do you know when it’s working?
Understanding the Two Classifications of CBD
Before we jump into how CBD feels, you need to first be well-aware of the classifications of CBD. The amount of THC (the compound that makes you high) in your CBD product, and what plant your CBD is derived from can affect the way CBD feels in the body.
The Amount of THC and Other Compounds to CBD in the product
The content of your CBD product affects how fast, slow or more effective your product will be on your body. Below are the few variations there is:
- Full-spectrum CBD products contain very little amount of THC (less than 0.3%), which means you can’t get intoxicated. It also contains other compounds such as flavonoids, phenolics, and terpenes, which is believed to work better. Studies have shown that there is a faster effect when using a full-spectrum CBD (with other hemp compounds) than using CBD alone. This is called the entourage effect, and it is when CBD works in conjunction with other plant-based compounds to produce a more health-positive result.
- Broad-spectrum CBD products are much like the full-spectrum type but without any THC content. This type is for those that don’t want any of the calming effects of THC. It is also best for those that don’t want any trace of THC in their blood.
- Finally, Isolate CBD is as its name implies. No other compound will be present in your product except CBD. All the other cannabinoids are usually removed including THC making the product 100% CBD.
The Plant from Which the CBD is Derived
CBD is from the cannabis plant, and there are two types of Cannabis. They are hemp and marijuana. That means that CBD can either be derived from hemp or marijuana. And depending on which plant your CBD is extracted from, the effect would differ. Below are the few differences between hemp and marijuana regarding CBD's effect.
- Hemp contains more CBD and only about 0.3% THC, which means your product is less likely to give you a high effect.
- CBD oils derived from marijuana has a higher tendency to make you feel intoxicated. This is because it contains a much higher level of THC.
So What Does CBD Feel Like?
Since we have established the class your CBD can fall in, it’s time to talk about what it does to your body after it has been ingested into your system. CBD has there ways in which it generally affects the body and they are as follows:
Many conducted studies have reported that CBD can make you feel awake and focused. This should not be mistaken for the high feeling. Instead, it prepares you for the day by activating your brain against sluggishness, cloudiness, or grogginess. It can also be used with drinks that boost wakefulness, like coffee. Therefore by taking CBD, you should expect a feeling of brain activation – ready to perform all your tasks for the day.
Makes You Feel Energetic
This is another thing that CBD does to your system when it is present in your body. It’s not like a sudden energy booster though, it interacts with the body system to release such feelings. First, CBD helps to increase dopamine in the body which is known to elevate moods. So on a bad day, you can count on CBD to do a little 'work.’ Also, it contains the same properties as an anti-oxidant which improves the immune system. This is where the energetic feeling comes from. Stress and anxiety are also reduced as a bonus. So with all the negatives out of the way, your body would generally feel boosted both physically and mentally.
Calms You Down
Recall that we mentioned that stress and anxiety are reduced? Well, it’s time to talk a little more about how CBD does this and gives you a calming feeling after. CBD has shown to reduce restlessness or racing thoughts which help alleviate anxiety.
How Long Before The Effects Begin To Work?
This depends on how your body chemistry and metabolism work. It also depends on the form your CBD was ingested into the body system. Generally, when you take CBD in oil form, it takes an average of 15 to 30 minutes before you begin to feel anything. When taken as Gummies or Oils (ingestible) it could be up to an hour or 45 minutes before anything starts to happen. Smoking CBD (which is not recommended) is the fastest way to get CBD to start working. In less than 5 minutes, you could begin to feel the effects in your body. For those that are using CBD as Topicals that are not ingested orally, it takes about 20 minutes to begin seeing effects. These are in form of CBD massage oils, moisturizers, patches, Salves, e.t.c.
However, as mentioned earlier, this depends on your body chemistry. Some people might not see changes until after a whole day. While others would not notice anything until CBD is taken constantly rather than a one-time thing.
Despite the increasing popularity of CBD, some people are yet to try it. It is completely normal to be curious about how it makes your body feel after usage. The effects of CBD on the body depend on a lot of factors and may feel different for everybody. We suggest varying your dosages to achieve the results that are right for you.
UPHORIA CBD delivers products you can trust and result you can feel.